Every day is a collection of moments. Each week, each month and each year they become our memories.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

English, please

 

I swear to you this just happened.   After enjoying her favorite nursery rhyme DVD in its entirety  she was still bouncing on her knees and clapping like she wanted more.   Since I’m busy in the kitchen with dinner  (and polka dot cake experimentation) I thought I would play the CD  again.   But in Spanish this time.  

She didn’t go for it.  As Old McDonald’s Farm was playing  (quack quack aqui y a quack quack alli….)  she went for the remote and sat there holding it and nodding no.   I asked her if she wanted me to change it back to English and she handed me the remote.  More like pushed it at me.

We know she can understand us now and it is completely thrilling to be able to communicate with her.   I’m sure she felt the same thing as the video re-started.   In English, this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment