Every day is a collection of moments. Each week, each month and each year they become our memories.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wanted: Baby Clothing Designer

So I’m pretty maxed out in terms of projects I am equipped to take on, but in the event a children’s clothing designer wants some inspiration, please send that person to me.

I am surprised, shocked, and frankly a bit in awe of the limited selection in the ridiculously huge market of infant clothing.  I don’t ask for much, but there are a few items that I feel would make a huge difference.  That wording might be too soft.  It actually bugs me that these items aren’t widely available.   (I’m obviously in no position to be going to high end retailers).

  1. Cozy PJ’s without the feet in them, with a zipper and no snaps, and for crying out loud skip the hood.   She can sleep in fleece separates.   She can sleep in light cotton.   I can get creative, yes.  But in a market as large as baby clothes, I don’t understand why I need to be.  She is currently sleeping in PJ’s that are 2 sizes too big (so the sleeves are rolled up about 3 inches each) because they were the only option I could find. 
  2. A sweater, sweatshirt, warm up jacket..  any extra layer on top….WITHOUT a hood.   I love hoods.  You know me I live in hoods.  I am wearing a hood right now.   Through the miracle of hand-me-downs and gifts Tessie is the proud owner of 10-15 sweaters and light fleece jackets with hoods.   Sure, SUPER cute  But that hood is in her way all the time.  She moves her head like Stevie Wonder when she is wearing it and when she sleeps I feel I need to take it off of her all together.   No good.   I would kill for a cardigan.   In any color.  (but mostly bright green).  Seriously.   Just a cardigan.
  3. Knee high socks.  Babies are not known for keeping their socks on and mine is no different.   She has actually found a way to use her flexible big toe to hook it around the opposing foot’s sock to peel it off.  (trying to get this on video). For some reason many baby socks barely come up to her ankles.  Seems like if they were knee highs or “trended closer to being knee highs” they just might stay on.  I know, I can buy legwarmers for her.  And I might have to.

I was hoping Heidi Klum would have solved this issue with her BabiesRUs clothing line, but she failed me.  If I had been desperately hoping for baby jeggings with zippered ankles or a ridiculously cute monster on a little boy shirt I’d be in business, but I just want my baby to be warm.   I don’t think I’m being unreasonable here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment